The Man Who Sold The World
Cheatsheet and rule summary
Broad power tag: Only one per character (p. 114).
Too broad power tags: May only be used with Change The Game move. Counts as a broad power tag (p. 115).
Invoking and burning
Invoke power tag: Invoke when relevant to the move. Add 1 to your power (p. 217).
Burn power tag: Mark the tag as burnt . It cannot be invoked until recovered (p. 221).
Invoke team tag: Invoke when relevant to the move. Add 1 to your power & burn tag (p. 227).
Burning a power tag for a hit: Burn tag and treat move as a roll of 7 + Power=3 (P. 222).
Invoke weakness tag: Invoke when relevant to the move. Subtract 1 from power & mark attention on relevant theme (p. 219).
You mark attention:
- If you invoked a weakness tag (p. 219).
- When you sacrifice something you truly want in favor of your Identity (a.k.a Making a hard choice, p. 291).
- When you find answers to your Mystery while gaining a deeper understanding of your Mythos (p. 287).
- During Montage (downtime), if you choose to pay attention to your identity or explore your mythos (p. 271).
When you mark 3 attention, choose one for the relevant theme:
- New power tag (p 280).
- Add, remove or rewrite weakness. Must have at least one (p. 281).
- Choose theme improvement (p. 281). Choose this if this is a crew theme.
- Reset Fade/Crack (p. 282).
You mark fade/crack:
- When you forego a chance to gain answers to your mystery (p. 291).
- When you neglect your Identity (p. 291).
- When you find answers to your Mystery and are shocked by this discovery (p. 287).
- When you neglect your crew Identity/Mystery. One other player must agree on the relevance of this to your crew theme (p. 292).
When you mark 3 fade/crack, do all:
- Replace theme with nascent theme (p. 301)
- Gain build- up points equal to no. of tags+ no. of improvements -3 (p.299).
- Gain nemeses (p. 300).
Nascent theme: Has one power tag and one weakness tag (p. 301).
When you mark 5 build- up, gain a moment of evolution (p. 303).